Trade Compliance Engineer
Position Overview & Responsibilities :
The National Instruments Global Trade Compliance Department has an immediate opening for a Trade Compliance Engineer located in Heredia, Costa Rica.
The successful candidate must be a strong individual contributor with the ability to apply engineering knowledge to solve technical, regulatory, product classification, and logistics challenges.
The successful candidate will collaborate with other technical experts in the Global Trade Compliance Department to ensure that NI remains in compliance with all regulations pertaining to NI’s products and systems.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and presentation skills and is comfortable communicating with all levels of employees from entry-level to directors.
This position requires collaboration with NI employees across time zones in the Americas, Europe and Asia and may require occasional travel to support NI’s international business.
- Classify NI’s products under the US and international import and export classification schemes (e.g. US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), MY Strategic Trade Act, US HTS, KR HTS, IN CTH, etc.)
- Interact with branch and corporate Trade Compliance personnel to address routine technical import requirements (e.g., cable voltage specifications and composition, power supply certifications, import classifications, import licensing or out of scope confirmation, etc.)
- Manage order processing by identifying and closing trade compliance elements required to ship NI’s products
- Liaise with the 3rd Party Business Partners to ensure import / export trade compliance classification requirements are addressed prior to partner products being made available through NI’s channel
- Propose and support implementations of continuous improvements actions within trade compliance systems and processes
Position Requirements :
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications of highly technical items
- Prefer a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a high-tech or electronics manufacturing company
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering required
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to detect gaps and implement the needed solutions
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a global, multi-time-zone team environment
- Track record of initiative to undertake additional responsibilities
- Experience classifying items under the US and international import and export classification schemes (e.g. US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), MY Strategic Trade Act, US HTS, KR HTS, IN CTH, etc.) a plus
- Foreign language skills are a plus
Publicada el 19/05/2022
Finaliza el 27/08/2022